So I showed you how you can create your own three month food storage by freezing any dough or roll (like Rhode’s rolls) which makes making any bread super fast. However, there are times when you run out of those and you’d still like…say…cinnamon rolls! These cinnamon rolls are done and baked in 45 minutes or less! In fact, when I make cinnamon rolls-these are what I make now. I double the recipe, bake a few and freeze the rest for later use. It’s perfect! You’ll also notice that this recipe calls for chopped nuts rolled up in the cinnamon rolls-I never thought of adding them but really chopped pecans pushes this recipe over the top and makes it entirely impressive and different. Try it, you’ll like it!
45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- ⅓ C. sugar
- 3 T. yeast
- ½ C. oil
- 1¼ C. warm water (110 F)
- 2 eggs (2 T. dry egg powder and NO water)
- 1 t. salt
- 5½ C. wheat flour
- ¼ C. melted butter
- 1½ T. cinnamon
- ½ C. sugar
- ½ C. chopped nuts (optional, but really a fantastic addition to cinnamon rolls)
- ¾ C. raisins (I soak mine first)
- Mix sugar, yeast, oil, and water and let stand 15 minutes.
- Add eggs, salt and flour and knead for 5 minutes.
- Roll to rectangle ¼” thick
- Brush dough with melted butter. Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon, nuts, and raisins over dough.
- Carefully roll up and cut 1″ thick slices with string or knife.
- Place in greased 9×13 pan and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or golden brown.
MAKING THE CINNAMON ROLLS WITH PICTURES
HUGE SUN OVEN SALE!
Don’t forget about the HUGE Global Sun Oven sale going on right now! If you don’t have one-this is the time to get it along with all of the accessories for FREE! Get more information HERE.
© 2012, Crystal. All rights reserved.