To prove my point from yesterday’s post, this next recipe is brand new to me. I noticed it on the back of my bag of Craisins and knew it would be perfect to put wheat and other food storage items in. It has oatmeal, calls for only brown sugar, and has chocolate in it (sound good to you?). They are delicious and probably my favorite so far. They are perfectly crisp on the outside and chewie on the inside.
- ⅔ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (2 T. dry powdered eggs + ¼ C. water)
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats (I used my instant and it was still good)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A 6-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins®
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well.
- Combine oats, wheat flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in sweetened dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
© 2012, Crystal. All rights reserved.