Food Storage Ice Cream Cups
Recipe type: Dessert
These are so easy (much easier than you would think) and really dress up your ice cream with a little food storage flare. The other great thing is that you can make a bunch and then freeze them a.k.a great for an everyday emergency and a great food storage dessert!!
- 2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips, but the semi-sweet are easier to use)
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (1 C. dry non-instant powdered milk or 2 C. instant powdered milk, 1 C. sugar, ½ C. hot water, 1 T. Butter-blend in blender very well)
- 1 C. finely ground pecans (I used Oreos but again the nuts are easier)
- In heavy sacuepan over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk; remove from heat. Stir in pecans. I n individual paper-lined muffin cups, spread about 2 T. chocolate mixture. With lightly greased spoon, spread chocolate on bottom and up side of each cup.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Before sering remove paper liners. Fill chocolate cups with ice cream. Store un filled cups tightly covered in freezer.
It is easier to remove the paper liners if the chocolate cups site at room temperature for about 5 minutes first.
© 2013, Crystal. All rights reserved.