The recipe I’m going to highlight is, no joke, called “Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies” and comes from “The Essential Mormon Cookbook” by Julie Badger Jensen (Thanks Summer for the book!) and is the last of my favorite chocolate recipes for the week. I had heard some women raving about these cookies at a recipe exchange and wondered if I could sneak some wheat into the recipe. I figured it would work well since there is more brown sugar than white and lots of chocolate chips, so I gave it a try. They were FANTASTIC!! I can honestly say they are the Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies, food storage and all! There is something about them, they almost melt in your mouth and are so ooey and gooey! Try sneaking wheat into this recipe, it is impossible to resist!
Recipe type: Dessert
These delicious cookies will have everyone asking for more…food storage and all!
- 1 C. Butter or Margarine, softened
- ¾ C. White Sugar
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (2 T. dry powdered eggs + ¼ C. Water)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 C. Wheat Flour
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ¾ tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Chocolate Chips
- Cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen.
© 2013, Crystal. All rights reserved.