I don’t know if any of you have tried store bought macaroons….but…..blech! I don’t know why it surprised me that they would actually taste leaps and bounds better than anything I had from the store…but they are SO MUCH BETTER! These are my FAVORITE indulgent cookie. I don’t make them very often because I have little self-control when these are staring at me on the kitchen counter. These are incredibly easy and don’t call for a lot of ingredients so these are also great if you have a pot luck to go to with out much in your pantry.
FOOD STORAGE MACAROONS
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk made from powder milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over top and top with Christmas sprinkles
© 2014, Crystal. All rights reserved.