- Cooking in a well organized kitchen will make your life MUCH easier!
- Move long term food storage items into your pantry (you may need to move them into smaller bins), it will act as a constant reminder to use those items.
- Group commonly used items together to make clean up and actual cooking faster and less messy.
- Place dishes, pots, pans, etc. near where you use them. (i.e. place dishes and utensils near the dishwasher for easy emptying, place pots and pans near the oven, etc.)
Helpful Tools for Organizing your Kitchen:
- Getting Dinner on the Table Video- The first step to cooking with food storage is making the TIME to get dinner on the table. In this fun video I go over my personal steps for getting dinner on the table.
- Kitchen Organization Video- Cooking in an unorganized kitchen can be a PAIN! Check out this video for my tips on how to organize your kitchen so that cooking can once again be a JOY!
- Food Storage Room Video- Watch a simple video to see how I have set up my small food storage room to store A LOT of food!
- Kids in the Kitchen Handout-Getting kids in the kitchen is a great way to have a little extra help in the kitchen. Download this handouts for tips and “the why” behind having kids in the kitchen.
More Helpful tools for Shelves
- Small Spaces Handout (From FoodStorageMadeEasy.NET)- My sister site Food Storage Made Easy put together a great handout about storing things in small spaces. I recommend it to EVERYONE!
- For more information on types of shelves for rotating your food storage, visit my sister site Food Storage Made Easy.NET. They even have a plan for making your own rotating can shelves!
- Coming Soon! For more information on where to buy shelves for rotating your food storage, visit my sister site The Food Storage Shopper.NET