Think of it as the savings account you can eat!
- Make a list of foods you eat on a regular basis, and determine how much you would go through in three months.
- Gradually purchase these foods in bulk as they go on sale (see below for more details).
- Use and rotate these foods in all your daily cooking.
- Constantly replenish the stocks of these foods as they go on sale again.
- Don’t forget to include non-food items in this step as well. Get a 3 month supply of NECESSITIES such as diapers, medications, toilet paper, toiletries, etc. Remember, only the essentials for now.
- Benefits include: saving money by buying foods on sale and having foods you normally eat in times of economic or any other type of hardship.
- The Pantry List Handout– Download great list I compiled to get your family’s 3 month supply of food storage started! This list will help you know which items you’ll need to make ANY recipe. Compare it with what is in your cupboards to see what you should be stocking up on TODAY!
- 3 Month Food Supply Excel Spreadsheet– Visit my sister site, Food Storage Made Easy.NET to download their 3 Month Food Supply Excel Spreadsheet (and view their how-to video) that will allow you to enter recipes and catalogue your family’s personal needs for a 3 month supply of food storage.
- Purchasing a Three Month Supply– Visit my sister site, The Food Storage Shopper.NET to learn the system on how to purchase the items you’ll need to make your 3 month supply of food storage complete.